The Blackwell Law Firm Pittsburgh is one of Pittsburgh's first name for divorce attorneys for over 20 years. Our philosophy here at The Blackwell Law Firm is to provide superior legal services that involve all aspects of the law. We have the expertise to protect you by our staff of professionals. Honest and Experienced Counsel will be focused on YOUR Goals and YOUR Needs. We will be insightful and straightforward when it comes to the law, and active in suggesting and developing strategies to achieve the outcomes you are seeking.
Dennis M. Blackwell a Family Law Attorney, Divorce Attorney and founding partner of the Blackwell Law Firm who assists in Divorce, Equitable Distribution, Support and Child Custody Issues. Mr. Blackwell does understand custody and the emotions involved therein -- he has 4 children of his own. This enables The Blackwell Law Firm to offer the correct guidance and professional advice necessary to help all parties involved to do what is in the best interest of their children. Nothing is more important than your family. Things happen, issues come up, and we are here to help you get rid of the stress. Let us handle the legal issues so you can focus on your job and family.
The Blackwell Law Firm Pittsburgh is here to offer you legal advice and the guidance necessary to help all the parties involved and do what is in the best interest of the children. Nothing is more important than your family so call us today to put your mind at ease. The Blackwell Law Firm Pittsburgh provides superior legal services at an affordable price. Our firm is considered one of he most well respected Pittsburgh family law attorneys.
We also handle Pittsburgh Child Custody, Grandparents Rights, Prenuptial Agreements, Step Child Adoption, Paternity Law and Pittsburgh Divorce. Let The Blackwell Law Firm help you to take that first step toward a solution today. Our practice is Family Law Attorneys in Pittsburgh. The Blackwell Law Firm will be straightforward and insightful when it comes to the law, and very active in developing and suggesting strategies to achieve the outcomes your seek.
- Abuse Lawyer Pittsburgh - PFAs - A Protection from Abuse Order is a court order designed to protect an individual(s) from harm by a sexual partner, a family member, or anyone else for that matter who may be threatening to harm you in a physical way. If either you or anyone you may know in Allegheny County or Washington County needs legal assistance to obtain a protection from abuse order, contact us immediately.
- Divorce Attorney Pittsburgh - The Blackwell Law Firm Pittsburgh will protect your assets as well as your legal rights.
- Child Custody - Partial Child Custody - Before this can be addressed, the issues of child custody along with visitation of their children, must be formally filed. We are here to ease you through the process.
- Alimony - Spousal Support - Alimony, Spousal support, or Spousal Maintenance is the support many times granted if you are separated, even if there is no formal divorce complaint. We can guide you through the process.
- Equitable Distribution - Property/asset division is based on these factors:
* Health, age and the income of each party
* Length of time of the marriage
* Child custody orders / arrangements
* Standard of living during marriage
* Significant nonmarital assets
* Economic incomes of both parties
- Cohabitation Agreements - This agreement is one between two unmarried people who reside in the same dwelling together. It defines how they agreed to treat their individual assets as well as how they agree to manage, acquire, control, and even dispose of assets in case the relationship would terminate.
- Military Divorce - All divorces of course are filled with their legal difficulties; however, divorces involving members of the military can be even more challenging.
- Paternity - If there is a question about the parenthood of a child, it is best to confirm or deny it via DNA testing. Once paternity is confirmed, a child support order can be submitted to Family Court.
- Prenuptial Agreement or (PreNup) and Postnuptial Agreements - is also known as a premarital agreement (or prenup). It is a written contract between a couple before the marriage takes place. It usually distributes property rights of each person in case they should divorce or if one should die.
- Post-Nuptial Agreement - is similar to a prenup. The difference is it's a contract between a couple after the marriage has taken place.
- Property Division - Our firm resolved hundreds of divorces consisting of division of property and handled all types of assets that include:
* Professional practices
* Retirement funds
* The disposition of the marital home.
* Second homes, timeshares, condos / investment properties
* Stocks and other investments
* Antiques and other collectibles
- Separation - In PA there is actually no such thing as a “legal Separation” The definition of separation is that you and / or your spouse no longer want to be married. Separation can occur by mutual consent or even by one of you leaving or being demanded to leave. Under some situations, you may be recognized as separated even if you and your spouse are still living at the same residence, together.
- Partial Custody - We here at The Blackwell Law Firm do understand the need to create child custody along with visitation rights that are acceptable to each party. According to Pennsylvania Law, child custody as well as visitation rights go hand in hand.
- Wills and Estates - Unfortunately, many PA residents incorrectly believe that only the well-to-do need to have a will. We here at The Blackwell Law Firm can help you with Wills, Living Wills, Testamentary Trusts, Durable Powers of Attorney, Health-care Directives, Guardianship of Minor Children or Incapacitated Adults, etc.
Dennis M. Blackwell
The Blackwell Law Firm
Frick Building 437 Grant Street, Suite 416 * Pittsburgh, PA 15219, 412-391-5299
Year Established: 2000
Certifications / Awards:
The Blackwell Law Firm Pittsburgh, divorce, child custody, alimony, support, division of property, abuse, PFAs, partial custody, spousal support, military divorce, paternity, prenuptial, post-nuptial agreement, property division, separation,
Dennis M. Blackwell, Esq.
University of Pittsburgh, B.A.,1986
Duquesne School of Law, 1990
Allegheny County Bar Association
Pennsylvania Bar Association
Supreme Court of U.S., Pennsylvania Supreme Court, U.S. District Court for the Western District of PA, District Court of the Eastern District of PA, 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Divorce Attorney Pittsburgh
- Abuse Lawyer Pittsburgh - Call Immediately!
- Child Custody Attorney Pittsburgh
- Family Law Pittsburgh