Comprehensive Eye Exams
- In order to gear your exam to your needs, we pay close attention to the ocular health of each patient. Some of the things we are licensed to diagnose in your eye exam are dry eye syndrome, glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and much more.
Children's Eye Exams
- We offer eye exams starting at six months of age and up. Many refractive disorders of the eyes can go undetected in young children, so we recommend that you get them checked by age 3, then again before kindergarten. We can help with any conditions that are detected and treatable within our office, or if there are any ocular conditions warranting medical treatment by pediatric ophthalmologists, you will be referred to the best in the area.
Designer Eyewear and Optical Services
- When it comes to frames and sunglasses, we have a large selection of both children and adult frames for you to choose from. Our high-quality lens selections for the frames include progressives, Transitions, anti-glare, lighter, thinner lenses, and polarized lenses. Our opticians are knowledgeable and trained to help you pick the best frame to fit your lifestyle and visual needs.
Emergency Eye Care
- Whether it be a red and painful eye, to sudden flashes or floaters in your vision, we can help you with your emergency no matter how small. Walk-in emergencies are accepted during office hours, and our doctor is available for after-hours emergencies as well.
- We have contact lenses to fit your needs with everything from colored contact lenses, contacts for astigmatism and multifocal contact lenses, and more. If you suffer from near vision, Dr. Penny is more than able to help fix your vision with contacts with options including monovision or multifocal contact lenses. Our office also offers specialty contact lens fittings for patients with conditions such as keratoconus, or who are suffering from severe ocular surface disease. We also work with patients who currently wear rigid gas permeable lenses, or who are good candidates for this type of contact lens.
LASIK and Cataract Co-Management
- Our practice regularly co-manages the pre- and post-operative care of patients having refractive surgery, including LASIK, PRK and cataract surgery.
*Please note: If you do not have vision insurance, but have medical insurance (such as Medicare, Blue Cross, etc.) and you have a medical diagnosis that is eye related (like cataracts, for example), the medical insurance can be billed for the exam. That means that all patients on Medicare can be seen for an eye exam under their Medicare insurance. Please call the office with any questions.