Improving the Value of Your Home with a New Fireplace
When you consider upgrading your home, you may want to renovate your kitchen or add a deck to the backyard. Maybe you haven’t considered getting a new fireplace, but you should know that gas, wood, and electric fireplaces are all popular choices for home upgrades.
Fireplaces can fit almost anywhere: great rooms, bedrooms, living rooms, dens, game rooms—even kitchens. They’re both functional and stylish, and are on the “must have” list of many homebuyers.
Fireplace Benefits for Homeowners
A new fireplace offers:
- Aesthetics. Modern fireplaces are made to capture the glow of the fire, whether it’s real flames or engineered ones. You can find a fireplace that fits the architecture of your home—sleek, contemporary, modern, or traditional designs are available from many different manufacturers. No matter the type of home you own, you’ll be able to find a fireplace that will complement your space.
- Comfort, Warmth and Light. There’s nothing like sitting near a fireplace while enjoying the warmth, sipping on cocoa, and putting your feet up. When people see a crackling fireplace, they’re like to be drawn to it and imagine it in their own home. Some fireplaces can warm a space that’s as large as 2,000 sq. feet.
- Energy Savings. Today’s fireplaces are incredibly energy efficient. It’s less money to heat a room or two in your house with your fireplace than to crank up the thermostat yet again in your home during a freezing winter. Modern fireplaces are designed to lessen your environmental impact, too, whether they are wood burning, gas inserts, or electric.
- No Power? No Problem. Wood and gas fireplaces aren’t electric, so if the power goes out, you can still produce light and heat. If you live in an area that’s prone to blackouts, this is an important factor in choosing a home.
- Added Home Value. Nearly half of all home buyers say that they would pay more for a home that has at least one fireplace. In homes that are located in a three- or four-season climate area, most people see the need for a cozy fireplace and extra heating in their home.
If you’re interested in owning a gas, electric, or wood fireplace, contact Ed’s Woodshed. We have a large inventory of fireplaces, and we install them as well. Come visit our showroom today so that you can learn more about the advantages of having a fireplace in your home.