If your business operations require you to move heavy loads on a construction site, in your warehouse, or in your storage facility, then a forklift truck is a great investment for your business!
With such a vast selection of types and styles of forklifts to choose from, you may be wondering how to determine which type is best for your work environment. At TruPar America,
we’ve put together a guide to the different types of forklifts to help you make the best decision for your company.
Industrial Counterbalance Forklifts
Industrial counterbalance forklifts are one of the most common trucks. They are used in indoor warehouses and stores, but can also be used outdoors, on stable, even surfaces. This type of forklift offers straightforward operation and has dual forks at the front of the truck that is used to lift and transport loads. There are different types of industrial counterbalance forklift available such as the three-wheel models that provide better maneuverability than others, allowing them to function well for narrow aisles.
Industrial Reach Forklift Trucks
This type of forklift is known for its extended lift height that makes them ideal in warehouses that utilize high rise storage pallet racking. There are different industrial reach forklift trucks that are each suited for certain situations:
- Stand-up trucks - These are the most common and are usually used where there is only one load per bay. These trucks have two forks on the front that slides underneath palletized loads to lift and safely transport them.
- Double-deep trucks – These are similar to the double-deep trucks but feature longer forks. These are typically used for areas where there are multiple pallet loads stored in each bay because the longer forks allow the truck to reach to the back of the bay.
- Straddle trucks – These trucks also feature long forks, but they also have the ability to grip onto the edges of the load for more stability and easier access. These work great for warehouses that have multiple loads in one bay that can be accessed from different angles since the truck can grab loads that are further back in the bay.
Rough Terrain Forklifts
A rough terrain forklift is a great option for outdoor construction and operations with difficult terrain. This type of forklift is equipped with inflatable tires that feature thicker treads that allow for more stability on uneven ground. They also feature a more powerful engine to allow it to reach higher speeds, as well as better maneuverability that makes the rough terrain forklift more durable and robust than others.
If you need to transport heavy loads over difficult terrain, this type of forklift is great, with some models handling up to three tons per loads. Because the counterbalance at the back of the truck is carefully calibrated, it prevents the back of the truck from overbalancing. This makes it easy to operate even in ice, snow, and mud.
Industrial Side Loader Forklifts
If you work with narrow aisles in your warehouse, then a side loader forklift truck would be ideal for your operations. It can accommodate narrow aisles because the forks are mounted on the side of the truck, allowing you to pick up long or wide loads that may be awkward or inaccessible to a straightforward forklift. Side loader forklifts are available in two main types, including a stand-up version for indoor tasks and an enclosed cab version for outdoor tasks.
Another version is the multi-way version where the wheels can all rotate by 90 degrees for easy transportation in any direction, making them useful for lifting and transporting items such as:
- Sheet materials
Hyundai Forklifts with Top Industry Warranty
At TruPar America, we stand behind the quality of Hyundai forklifts that come with a standard three year/4,000-mile full machine warranty, and a five year/10,000-mile structural warranty, making it the best warranty in the industry. Hyundai forklifts also have a variety of other features and benefits including:
- Forklifts range in capacity from 3,000lbs to 55,000lbs
- Diesel, LP, and electric sit or stand machines are available
- Great industry reputation and competitive pricing
Clark Forklifts for Quality Performance
At TruPar America
, we are dedicated to providing our customers with high-quality, durable forklifts, which is why we offer CLARK Forklifts to buy or rent. CLARK forklifts provide Pittsburgh business owners a wide range of benefits including but not limited to:
- Trucks available ranging from 1,500-18,000 lb. capacity to meet your needs
- The product line includes LPG, gasoline, dual fuel, electric, and diesel-powered trucks
- Most new forklift trucks come with a one year/2,000-hour standard warranty
- State of the art parts distribution to all dealers both nationwide and internationally
- Competitive pricing
Whether you are interested in a new or used CLARK forklift, we have the high-quality inventory you need to meet the needs of your operations. A new forklift can help you save on maintenance and repair costs, but if you don’t plan to use the forklift that frequently or your budget doesn’t allow for a new forklift, we have used CLARK forklifts that have been expertly refurbished by our in-house expert to ensure they are prepared for many more hours of high-quality performance. You can also rent our CLARK trucks for long-term or short-term jobs.
We are the most trusted dealer of Hyundai forklifts in Pittsburgh and have a wide selection of new and used Hyundai forklifts available to buy and rent based on your budget and your job needs.
Contact TruPar America today to learn more about our vast forklift selection.