Andy’s Auto Service is now open in the heart of Bridgeville on Bower Hill Road. Owner, Andrew Dugas, has been in the automotive industry his entire life. He finally made the jump, just over a year ago, by leaving his full-time position at a dealership to start his own business. “The main reason I wanted to start my own business is to be able to provide a solid service at an affordable price. I’m still amazed at the prices people are charged at dealerships, and price doesn’t always reflect quality.”
Andy’s Auto Service provides affordable, quality auto body and mechanical services - from dent repairs to paint, from brakes to oil changes. He pretty much does it all, but specializes in damage repair. Andy’s Auto Service can repair your wrecked vehicle, bringing it back to new, and even work with your car insurance company to help handle the claim…all while you are driving a rental.
Andy’s Auto Service is family owned and operated, priding themselves on their strong commitment to quality work and superior customer service. Andy’s Auto offers lower labor rates and passes along discounts he receives on parts direct to his customers. “I guess it’s pretty simple, I wanted to be able to give my customers a better experience at a better price, and it seems to be working.” Andy personally guarantees all of their work!
Andy’s Auto Service started in a small garage on Carol Avenue, but quickly outgrew the space! Business is booming and he is busier than ever….to accommodate the increase in business, he recently expanded to a larger location and is now located at 718 Bower Hill Road. Check them out online at www.andysautobridgeville.com and notice the coupons and excellent reviews!
Cool Car Apps! Download these free apps to your smartphone!
IWrecked - indispensable after an accident, especially if your shaken up. This app guides you through the details you need to take note of - from the time and place, to the other drivers insurance info - shoot pictures of the damage with your phone's camera and export an accident report as a PDF. Can't drive home? iWrecked can suggest nearby taxi and towing services.
RepairPal: record your car's repair history and get a check list of maintenance you need to schedule. To help judge any shops estimate, lookup a local price range for more than 100 types of repairs. In trouble? You can also connect to roadside assistance network and pay just for service you use.
Kbb.com: for negotiating know-how, take kelly blue book's app with you to the lot. It wizzes you through a series of swipes - year, make, model, features - before spitting out a suggested value, which you can adjust based on the vehicles mileage and condition and type of seller.
Edmunds.com: pull up photos, reviews and data to research a car - then see a map with dealerships near you that have the model you want in stock. When your face-to-face with a smooth talking car salesman, use Edmunds proprietary true market value number - the average selling price for that model in your area - for ammunition.
Gas Buddy: With gas circling $4 dollars a gallon, you may be a especially motivated to shave off a few pennies. Use Gas Buddy to find nearby stations with the lowest prices.
We are providing the following check list that will guide you through this stressful time.
1) Be prepared (before an accident):
The following items and information should be readily accessible in the event of an accident:
· your driver’s license- carry it with you when ever you operate any vehicle
· vehicle registration card
· insurance information including the carrier name, pollicy number and emergency contact
· first-aid kit, including water, flares, flat-fix-it kit
· your mobile phone
· a pen and paper to exchange contact information with other drivers as well as record information about the accident
2) At the Car Accident
· Stop your car – If you are blocking traffic or are in a dangerous place, pull off to the side of the road or into a well-lit parking lot. If you fail to stop to communicate with the other parties involved, you could be charged with a “hit and run” and the penalties are severe.
· Turn your vehicle’s engine off, do not step out of the vehicle until you are sure it is safe, wait for assistance if you are unable to exit the car.
· Are you or your passengers injured? If so, seek medical assistance immediately if necessary. Use your cell phone to call 911 and ask for an ambulance if you believe you or your passengers need medical attention.
· Be courteous and respectful to all parties.
· If you suspect the other driver may be drunk, do not confront him or her. Leave that to the police to handle.
· Make sure your thoughts are clear before you make any statements to the police.
· Avoid making statements about who may have been at fault or who was responsible to the other driver, witnesses, police or anyone else.
· Do not contact your insurance company until you have your thoughts clear and have gathered all the pertinent accident information.
· If you are able, take pictures (preferably digital) of the damage to your car, the other car and the area of the accident. Don’t forget your phone may have a camera feature! If you are unable to take pictures, Andy’s Auto Service would be glad to provide digital pictures of your damaged car.
· Assist the police with their official report. Get a copy of the report.
· Call Andy’s Auto Service at 412-478-9304 for assistance with towing, insurance claims reporting, rental car, and repairs to your vehicle.
3) After the Accident
Dealing with damage to your vehicle:
· Do not drive your car if it is unsafe. If you can safely drive your vehicle, bring it to the our facility as soon as possible.
· If you cannot drive your car or if you are not sure if it is safely operable, call Andy, at Andy’s Auto Service. We can assist you with towing, handling the insurance claim, renting a car (if necessary), and repairing damages to your car.
· You have the right to go to the repair shop of your choice. Your insurance company or the other drivers insurance cannot require you to go to a particular facility against your will.
· Differences in repair estimates are common based on new vs used or aftermarket parts. It is your vehicle, you deserve the highest quality parts and repairs.
· You’ve had an accident, and the last thing you need is another headache trying to settle the insurance claim. Andy’s Auto Service will professionally handle your insurance claim for you.
· We’ll arrange for the rental car and get you back on the road as quickly as possible!
Collision claims, Other Party Insurance Claims, Theft claims: no auto claim is too difficult for our staff to handle. Our team members have decades of experience with insurance companies claims departments. Just give us your policy number or claim number and we’ll take it from there. We act on your behalf and handle everything for you.
Contact us today! 412-478-9304
ALWAYS WEAR YOUR SEATBELT!
In this economy, new car sales languish and dealers try to make up for lost revenue in repair and collision prices. If you aren’t careful, you could end up paying too much for these services. A recent study by AAIA shows that consumers paid $11.7 billion too much last year for parts and service!
A survey by AAA, a non-profit automobile club with more than 50 million members shows that about 10% consumers were unhappy with their most recent visit to a dealer repair facility.
Dealerships used to thrive on carmaker-paid warranty repairs, but that business has all but evaporated as quality has relentlessly and dramatically improved from all automakers during the past decade. So a battle is on for your repair dollars.
As always it pays to shop around, since the cost of individual repairs varies widely. A radiator repair — parts and labor — for an import brand was 87% higher or $665.28 at dealer compared to $311 at an independent. And a 15% difference for an air conditioning compressor — $933 dealer vs $812 independent.
Here are some helpful tips about repair work: