Youghiogheny Canoe Outfitters offers kayaking, canoing, fishing, biking, and a great Campground. We offer something for all ages and only 35 minutes from Pittsburgh in West Newton, PA. The current is so gentle that there is no whitewater in our area of the Yough and great for first time guests or our regular patrons. Once you have your canoe it is for the day, not by the hour. If you enjoy biking and boating, let us make your day! Now you can bike up along side the beautiful Youghiogheny River. Then we will meet you at the destination point with your canoe. You can canoe down the scenic and beautiful Yough River and we will hand deliver your bikes at the landing point. Now you can get nature's beauty and your exercise all at once. If you do not have a fishing license, no problem, we can sell and issue you one today!
For those of you who don't want to bike but, want to canoe and maybe fish, bring your cooler! Youghiogheny Canoe Outfitters will take you and your party completely outfitted to your entry point on the Yough. You will enjoy your leisurely float down the river to exit at Youghiogheny Canoe Outfitters Canoes and Kayaking boat dock. Remember, to bring your lures, bait and tackle because we really have the fish and you can view some of the ones caught here by clicking on the Gallery Page Above. The Yough is one of the premier fisheries in Pennsylvania. This is a sportsman's paradise for fishing. You will find walleye, trout, muskie and the fighting-est fish in the water, the small mouth bass. The biosystem of this pristine clean, beautiful river generates more and more fish each year. The small mouth bass, in particular, is now bordering on a population explosion. If your an avid angler you must fish this river.
Wear plenty of sunscreen while paddling, as the glare of the water can magnify the sun's rays and cause a bad sunburn. Whatever you forget we probably have up in the store, or can get it for you. At Youghiogheny Canoe Outfitters we just want you to enjoy yourself and relax by floating our scenic river.
Click our Gallery for Photos and More Information about trips.
SUMMER IS HERE
Are you ready for some Fun on the Yough ??
Call Us Now For Canoes and Kayaks
Youghiogheny Outfitters offers Canoes, Kayaks, Biking, Available Lodging Facilities, Campground, Concessions, Fire Pits, Free Firewood, Fishing, Picnic Benches, Swimming in River, Well Behaved Pets Permitted, on Leash. We have a store that sells fishing licenses, fishing supplies, ice, snacks, T-shirts, waterway maps and there are available lodging facilities.
Reserve the Picnic Party Pavilion NOW for Graduation or Birthday Parties.
The Bait Shop is OPEN with stout and brave minnows looking to go after those trophy and tagged fish. We also do reel re-spooling on site.
THE STOCK THE YOUGH PROGRAM WAS ANOTHER GREAT SUCCESS THIS YEAR.
$15,000 of Trout stocked in the Yough River at West Newton
$4,200 of Trout stocked in the Sewickley Creek
Thanks to everyone that helped in the stockings and to all those who purchased the traditional, annual Stock the Yough button.
Please visit the "Stock the Yough" page on Facebook for some great photos.
We'll have great fishing this Summer !!!
Reservations Strongly Suggested - Please Call
Canoes or Kayaks – We transport you to your desired destination and you float back to Youghiogheny Canoe Outfitters where your car is waiting for you after a fun and relaxing day on the river. The boat is yours for the day, just have to be back before 7 p.m. Possible floating destinations include:
Cedar Creek Park (2 hours) – 4 miles - $35.00 per canoe,
Single Kayaks- $22 per day
Smithton (4 hours) – 7 miles - $40.00 per canoe,
Single Kayaks - $24 per day
Whitsett (6 hours) – 11 miles - $45.00 per canoe,
Single Kayaks - $26 per day
Overnight Camping Trip from Connellsville to West Newton - 26 miles - $76.00 per boat - Two day float! - 3 Boat Minimum Required - Call for Reservations!
Tandem Kayaks priced same as canoes
WEEKEND SHUTTLES DEPART WEST NEWTON ON THE HOUR
BEGINNING at 7 AM and ENDING at 2 PM
WEEKDAY SHUTTLE TIMES - 9 AM, 11 AM and 1 PM
(Reservations required for weekday trips)
- Canoe Camping Trips- Overnight - For Outdoor Adventure- Call for Reservation
- Day Trips - 2 hour, 4 hour or 6 hour approximate float time on the river.
- Campground - Riverfront tent-only campground for large or small groups. FREE FIREWOOD.
- Horseshoe Pits and Volleyball Net are up and ready for a game.
- Restrooms- Clean, Modern Shower and Restroom. We Never run out of Hot Water.
- Pavilion with Electric Cooking Facilities which is ideal for Birthday Parties, Graduation Parties, or Family Reunions.
- Own Your Own Canoe? Yes, we will haul a private canoe or kayak for a fee of approximately $2.00 per mile. Call ahead for exact pricing.
- Group Rates Available- Please call us with how many are in your group today, for rates.
- Travel Package- Float down the river and bike up, or bike up the river first and float down. Bike to your destination and our canoe crew meets you with canoe and outfitting supplies. Or you can float down the river and the canoe crew meets you with your bike.
- Senior Discounts - Please call for Reservation.
- Military Discounts - Thank You for Serving Our Country!
- Pizza- You can order pizza locally from your tent.
- Wireless Internet Service - Wireless Here that you can Access from Your Tent
- Bait- We have it here.
- Fishing License- Just come on over, we have just about everything you will need even the fishing license.
- With the Travel Package you can enjoy the bike trail and the river at the same time. A great outing for the entire family!
- *Please call to schedule meeting times and arrangements. Remember we are only 35 minutes from Pittsburgh.
Peak Business Hours
Monday - Friday: 9 AM - 2 PM and 4 PM - 7 PM
Saturday & Sunday: 7 AM -7 PM
Pre and Post Season Hours are subject to change at any time. Call Ahead.
For Reservations, Please Call: 412-329-6126
Toll Free 877-799-6844
Youghiogheny Outfitters Canoes and Kayaking Pittsburgh
Year Established: 2000
Certifications / Awards:
Attention: BOY SCOUT LEADERS
We offer Boy Scout Troops discounts on canoe rentals, campground rentals, and bike trips. Call us for more information if you are a Scout Leader.
YCO is a family-owned and family run business.....we will treat you like one of our friends, not just a customer, and you have our word on that.