Here at Flower Pots Nursery we have been serving the Greater Pittsburgh Area for over 12 years. Our locations are in Bridgeville and the North Hills.
Flower Pots Nursery focuses on an entire ecosystem approach to water features, landscape designs & total improvement of your backyard habitat by relying on natural balance of elements, including: Plants, Fish, Circulation, Filtration, Rocks, and Gravel to ensure sustainability.
We specialize in full scale landscape design as well as water garden installation that includes:
- Koi Ponds
- Pondless Waterfall
- Outdoor Lighting
- Retaining Walls
- Walkways & Patios
- Fire Pits
- Outdoor Living Spaces
- Perennial Gardens & Etc...
Call Flower Pots Nursery at 724-531-1742 or our North Hills Location at 412-310-7196
Flower Pots Nursery in Pittsburgh (Bridgeville, North Hills) offers water gardens, water falls, gardening ideas, fire pits, and more!
Visit our design showcases to see some of the Flower Pots Nursery landscapes, water gardens and outdoor lighting samples!
We specialize in:
Landscape Design Services - In addition to designing perennial gardens, we also design landscape plans! No job too big, no job too small. Attractive landscapes don't just happen -- they are the result of a great deal of planning. Filling your outdoor living spaces with your favorite forms, fragrances, flowers and fruits is a real delight. Plants create subtle views that change with the seasons.
Landscape Lighting - Outdoor lighting brings landscapes to life. A garden path illuminated by outdoor lighting invites a nighttime stroll. Unique outdoor lighting can help create an atmosphere of comfort and safety anytime of the year. Garden Lighting brings family and friends together to enjoy pleasures at a deck, patio or pool long after sunset.
Water Gardens - Water in the garden creates new dimensions of beauty, tranquility, and interest -- and with fewer maintenance demands than most people realize.
Perennial Gardens Design - "Perennial" refers to a plant that dies back at frost time. It regrows however year after year. We take the time to educate you about this particular design and how you may want your space to look like. We discuss color, lighting, and maintenance of this beautiful type of garden.
- Perennial Design - We expertly blend color schemes, height, size, texture, foliage and flowers of plants into your landscape bed. We combine color with the knowledge of plant material within the design in order to reflect the ever changing seasons.
We offer a variety of Seminars which may include slide shows. We speak at garden clubs, church groups and educational events.
Something From Susie Newsletter demonstrates Susie's passion about water gardening and offers you a wealth of information and gardening ideas.
If you have a love for wildlife and enjoy garden beds and planting in order to attract a variety of humming birds and butterflies, we can design landscape-placing plants, flowerbeds, and trees where they can take advantage of hours of sun and shade. We have the following available:
- Koi Pond
- Outdoor Seating
- Container Water Gardens
- Pondless Waterfalls. All of the above will attract a variety of birds that enjoy playing in the water.
TOP AQUATIC PLANTS:
1. Creeping Jenny - An enthusiastic kind of plant that will crawl, cover and cascade over rocks, edges and between other plants.
2. Red Leaf Cannas - A great backdrop plant. 3 to 5 feet in height that loves water.
3. Horsetail - Strong spikes of greenish stems with black rings. Clumps quite nicely along the edge of ponds.
4. Giant Dwarf Papyrus - Big heads. A very classy type of plant
5. Pickered Plant - Blue flowers bloom all summer long. The foilage is healthy.
6. Thalia - A Red stemmed work of art!
7. Parrots Feather - Plants that offer spawning & hiding places for fish, frogs, etc.
8. Black Magic Taro - These can be found in any pond.
9. Spiral Rush - Corkscrew spiral leaves, may be the coolest plant out there. It also loves water.
10. Calla Lilly - Grows easily.
11. Dwarf Variegated Sweet Flag - Beautiful all season.
12. Japanese Iris - Amazing flowers.
13. Cranberry Hibiscus - Spectacular!
14. Variegated Cattail - Provides a great contrast.
Flower Pots Nursery Pittsburgh
Year Established: 2001
Liability Insurance: Yes
Certifications / Awards:
Susie Lobdell, horticulturist and the owner of Flower Pots Nursery teaches a variety of gardening classes throughout the Pittsburgh area.
Susie Lobdell acquired a great number of skills as a Landscape Designer. Throughout the entire process she has received an Ornamental Nursery Management Degree from Penn State University and a BS in Business Management from Point Park College.
- Public Speaking
- Landscape Design
- Perennial and Water Garden Designs
- Floral Designing
- Operation of Heavy Equipment